Thursday, January 7, 2016

Introduction

Hello Fellow Bloggers, 
Currently, I am a junior at University of Wisconsin-Parkside, and I am majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Biology.  In my future classroom, I hope to help my students develop a passion for learning, and I believe I will be able to create such an environment by using literature to explore new topics.  As one of my class projects, I have been encouraged to use blogging as a way to not only keep an accurate and easily accessible record of my findings, but to also be able to share those findings with anyone interested.  Throughout this Blog, I will be evaluating several children's and adolescent books to determine their usefulness in the classroom and the message they convey.  The stories we share with our students can be powerful, and with the right message, we can encourage our students to use those stories, along with their own critical thinking, to explore the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment